Military Spouse Employment Flash Survey
The Military Spouse Employment Flash Survey provides a snapshot of military spouses’ current employment conditions (2021 4th-Quarter). The survey results allow Hiring Our Heroes to track emerging trends and convene cross-sector partners to improve military spouse employment outcomes.
Key findings include:
- A third of respondents participating in the labor force indicate they are unemployed.
- The biggest challenge unemployed respondents report facing as a job seeker is not receiving a response from a potential employer after applying for a role.
- The majority of respondents not in the labor force stopped working and stopped actively seeking work for more than a year.
- Among respondents who changed to remote status due to the COVID-19 pandemic, almost half report the change is permanent.
- Employed respondents feel they lead a purposeful and meaningful life at twice the rate of their unemployed counterparts.