Google Career Certificate earners have already gained industry-recognized skills and are ready to take the next step in their next career. A Career Forward Fellowship provides certificate earners an opportunity to put those skills to work while building on-the-job experience.
Applying for a Career Forward Fellowship
Career Forward Fellowship applications are provided to certificate earners by the Career Forward learner program managers. Please email HOHCareerForward@USChamber.com to request an application. To learn more about earning a Google Career Certificate through Career Forward, visit Career Forward.
Throughout the 12-week fellowship, fellows spend four days per week with their host companies and one day in professional development huddles.
The Career Forward Fellowship Program is open to transitioning service members within one year of separating from active duty, veterans, military spouses, and military caregivers who have completed a Google Career Certificate through the Career Forward program.
Though Career Forward internships will concentrate on remote opportunities, work location will be dependent on the needs of the companies and could be fully remote, in-person, or hybrid. Whether the internship is remote, in-person, or hybrid, all participants must reside within the United States.
- Apply – Once you apply, your Career Connector will review your application and reach out to you with additional information, including next steps.
- Hiring Our Heroes Interview - Once all application requirements are met, an initial interview will be scheduled with a Fellowship Program Manager.
- Resume Release - If you are successful in the interview process, you’ll be included in a resume release to our participating host companies.
- Host Company Interviews - Host companies will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. Not all candidates will receive interview requests from host companies.
- Matching Process - Fellowship candidates are carefully matched with participating companies based on the specific skills of the candidate and the preferences of both parties.
Yes, Career Forward can be used for SkillBridge. There are two options for transitioning service members who would like to use SkillBridge for a Career Forward Fellowship:
- Internship-based SkillBridge
This is for transitioning service members who have completed a Google Career Certificate (GCC) through the Career Forward program. This opportunity provides hands-on experience in the civilian workforce and prepares candidates for a smooth transition into meaningful civilian careers. Because transitioning service members need to complete a GCC through Career Forward first, we recommend having 10-12 months of active-duty service left when beginning this option.
- Skill-based SkillBridge
This is referred to as the Career Forward Training Track. Through this option, transitioning service members earn a Google Career Certificate to learn new skills while also participating in professional development to assist with a smooth transition to the civilian sector.
Timeline: Both SkillBridge options are 40 hours per week for 12 weeks and active-duty service members must be within 180 days of transitioning out of the military. Also, we recommend that you apply well in advance. Contact your transition office to begin the SkillBridge process as soon as possible.
In addition, HOH has other fellowship programs that can be used for SkillBridge. Please research which option is best for you. Keep in mind that transitioning service members are eligible for only one SkillBridge internship during their transition period due to guidelines from the Department of Defense.
- Corporate Fellowship Program (CFP)
- Salesforce Fellowship Program (SFP)
- Military Spouse Fellowship Program (MSFP)
- If your SkillBridge POC requires supporting documentation from Hiring Our Heroes, let our Career Forward team know and they will assist candidates with the necessary documentation.
- Please ensure that you are in contact with your SkillBridge POC as each branch of service has different SkillBridge requirements.