Google Career Certificate earners have already gained industry-recognized skills and are ready to take the next step in their next career. A Career Forward Fellowship provides certificate earners an opportunity to put those skills to work while building on-the-job experience.
Throughout the 12-week fellowship, fellows spend four days per week with their host companies and one day in professional development huddles.
The Career Forward Fellowship Program is open to transitioning service members within one year of separating from active duty, veterans, military spouses, and military caregivers who have completed a Google Career Certificate through the Career Forward program.
Though Career Forward internships will concentrate on remote opportunities, work location will be dependent on the needs of the companies and could be fully remote, in-person, or hybrid. Whether the internship is remote, in-person, or hybrid, all participants must reside within the United States.
Applying for a Career Forward Fellowship
Career Forward Fellowships applications are provided to certificate earners by the Career Forward learner program managers. To learn more about earning a Google Career Certificate through Career Forward, visit Career Forward.
- Apply – Once you apply, your Career Connector will review your application and reach out to you with additional information, including next steps.
- Hiring Our Heroes Interview - Once all application requirements are met, an initial interview will be scheduled with a Fellowship Program Manager.
- Resume Release - If you are successful in the interview process, you’ll be included in a resume release to our participating host companies.
- Host Company Interviews - Host companies will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. Not all candidates will receive interview requests from host companies.
- Matching Process - Fellowship candidates are carefully matched with participating companies based on the specific skills of the candidate and the preferences of both parties.
- If your SkillBridge POC requires supporting documentation from Hiring Our Heroes, let our Career Forward team know and they will assist candidates with the necessary documentation.
- Please ensure that you are in contact with your SkillBridge POC as each branch of service has different SkillBridge requirements.