Colorado Springs MSEEZ
On May 21, 2018, the U.S Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Hiring Our Heroes, in collaboration with USAA and the City of Colorado Springs, launched the nation’s third Military Spouse Economic Empowerment Zone (MSEEZ) in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Established to connect military spouses with companies committed to hiring, MSEEZ are collaborative efforts among the local business, civic, and military communities that establish employment networks in municipalities around the country.
Featured Local Resources for Military Spouses
- The Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Professional Network (MSPN) provides military spouses with career development and networking opportunities in military communities around the world. An integral part of Hiring Our Heroes’ Military Spouse Program, MSPN will empower military spouses at a grassroots level year-round.
- Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center
Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center’s mission is to collaborate with community partners providing best practices in transition and wellness for veterans, military and their families by delivering expertise, resources, space and sustainability. Main Location: 530 Communication Circle, Colorado, CO 80905 | (719) 772-7000 | Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Satellite Office (Career and Transition Services): Fort Carson, Building 6237, Room 115A (in the Soldier For Life Building) | Hours M-F 8:30 am – 4:00 pm | Phone: (719) 526-8758
- U.S. Air Force Academy Airman & Family Readiness Center
The U.S. Air Force Academy Airman & Family Readiness Center supports customers in achieving short- and long-term employment, education and training, and career goals through employment skills counseling, resources for self-employment, small business, and entrepreneurial efforts. We offer labor market information, employment trend tracking, skills development workshops, job referrals, networks to local employers, and on- and off-base resources.
Current programs help with developing a career plan, establishing community network contacts and utilizing employment listings. Classes are open to family members and civilian employees.
- Basic Resume Writing Learn the basic fundamentals of writing a resume, featuring the popular styles and various components of each. Call 719-333-3444 for information/registration.
- Career Planning for Military Spouses A comprehensive two-day career planning workshop will help you extensively discover, clarify, and strengthen skills, values, and interests throughout practical assessment exercises. Build focus and self-confidence as you network with local employers. Learn how to strategically network. (Free for all active duty AF Military Spouses)
Additional Local Employment Resources