Veteran Fellowship Program
The Veteran Fellowship Program in Maryland and Washington, D.C., provides recently separated veterans with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the civilian workplace through an on-the-job fellowship with businesses of all sizes.
The program is made possible due to a Department of Labor National Dislocated Worker Grant awarded to Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation (AAWDC) and is offered in collaboration with Military Corps Career Connect (C3). C3 serves Maryland’s transitioning service members, active-duty military spouses and recently separated veterans (non-retirees).
Looking for fellowship opportunities for transitioning service members and military spouses? Click here.
The program for recently separated veterans features a 6-week paid fellowship for veterans residing in Maryland and Washington, D.C. The fellowship offers free career planning, coaching, and preparation with a program manager, resume and interview assistance, and access to in-demand industry credentials, certifications, and licenses. Applications are continuously accepted and are considered as they are received.
We currently offer fellowship opportunities for recently transitioned veterans in the Maryland/Washington, DC area.
Recently transitioned veteran candidates must:
- Reside in Maryland or the District of Columbia
- Must be honorably separated within the last 48 months. At this time, military retirees are not eligible for this program due to grant requirements.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree plus have three or more years of work experience, or
- Have earned an associate degree plus have five or more years of work experience
- Be unemployed or underemployed and have lived in Maryland for less than 48 months