Caregiver Fellowship Program
The Hiring Our Heroes Caregiver Fellowship Program is a brand-new initiative that provides caregivers of wounded warriors with professional training, networking, and hands-on experience in the civilian workforce. The professional development and direct connection to local employers offered through the program enable caregivers to quickly build or re-build their networks and gain localized job experience. Participating host companies gain access to a highly skilled and educated talent pool.
Looking for other types of fellowship opportunities? Click here.
Caregiver Fellowship Program Details
The paid fellowship is 6 weeks in length and is offered in a growing number of host cities around the country. Fellowship candidates are carefully matched with participating companies based on the specific skills of the candidate and the preferences of both parties. Fellows then undergo exclusive on-the-job training at their host company, gaining new skill sets and an opportunity to showcase their abilities. This real-world experience is augmented by weekly educational sessions for the cohort of fellows, held in a classroom setting and/or onsite with host companies.
Upcoming Cohort Dates*
*Exact program dates may vary by location. Please contact the location program manager for exact dates.
** “B” cohort sessions are currently available in San Antonio, Maryland, and Northern Virginia only.
- Be a current or previous caregiver to a wounded, ill, or injured service member
- Be available to attend all classroom sessions and have transportation available
- Be available to work and seeking employment in the local area
- Have earned an associate degree and/or have applicable work experience
- Additional requirements may exist in some program locations.